Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Denim Jean Rag Quilt

Denim Jean Rag Quilt
This jean quilt is one of the first quilts I ever made. I lived in the middle of no where at the time and wanted to sew. What could I sew with? OLD JEANS- I was inspired by my grandmother who always cut up grandpa's old farm jeans and turned them into quilts. We had one for years. It also had alternating blocks that were tropical birds!? YES, not kidding. We always made fun of that ugly old quilt. Yet it gave me the inspiration to make this creation. The quilt my grandmother made was stolen by a neighbor kid! Still makes me mad.
The white denim used in this was the Guess jeans I wore over 14 years ago the night I got engaged to my husband. I could never part with them. But I could chop them up and turn them into something to snuggle with. It's better than setting in a box.
The back is red fleece.
This is so warm and has built in remote control pockets! Perfect for winter nights watching movies. This is sure to be a family favorite, even though I had no idea what I was doing and it has tons of mistakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me girlfriend.

Before and After- Antique School Desk Redo

Remember those old school desk we use to set in? The ones you could put your books in under the seat. Why is it we all have dreaded memories...